Old 24-09-2009, 02:03 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pat Pat is offline

Default Advice needed for replacement pump

The fountain head may need more water. Check here
http://shop.tjb-inc.com/shared/Store...products.as p
Too big is okay. You can always add a valve to dump the extra water. You
might find two pumps best. One for the water fall and one for the fountain
head.
Usually the fountain head connects directly to the pump and the assembly
sets on the pond bottom.

"MorrisonAndBoyd" wrote in message
JB wrote:
I bought my last couple of pump from www.pondliner.com. They're out of
Oklahoma but they ship anywhere so that's no big deal. I buy my fish food
from Colorado but I digress. Looks like you'll need a pump that can pump
225 gallons per hour at 2'. (This conforms to the somewhat standardized
recommendation to turn over the water once per hour. You didn't mention a
filter. Got one? Interested in saving electricity? If so, give the OASE
models a look/see. They're pretty energy efficient and I've been pleased
with he three I've had. Submersible pump I assume?

Thanks for the reply.

Between posting my message and reading your reply, I ended up he
http://www.123ponds.com/pm02522.html and I *THINK* this pump will work.
(Note that despite its name, PM2-250 GPH..., its maximum flow is actually
275 GPH.)

Am I correct in assuming that if I add this insert tee fitting,
http://www.123ponds.com/t12p.html I'll be able to connect both the
waterfall and this fountain head, http://www.123ponds.com/ft9.html by
using this tubing, http://www.123ponds.com/kfl012p-20.html ?

The pump comes with a foam pre-filter.

I'd like to order ASAP so I'd appreciate any input on my proposed setup!

Thanks.