Old 24-09-2009, 04:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] despen@verizon.net is offline

Default Holes in the yard

Karen writes:

On Sep 24, 6:34*am, "JC" wrote:
Don't know where you're located but down here in south Texas, the
first thought would be Armadillos.

I'm in San Jose, so probably not armadillos or cicadas.

I haven't smelled any skunks.

If the critter is looking for insects, maybe that's a good thing?

Yes, it's a good thing.

We have loads of cicadas where I live. I've seen the 17 year periodic
cicadas emerge twice now. The holes they make are about a half inch
in diameter and you can definetly tell its a tunnel, not a hole.

We have loads of skunks too, for all I know it could be skunks instead
of racoons digging my lawn. They don't always smell, usually something
has to mess with them.