Old 24-09-2009, 08:54 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Holes in the yard

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 13:53:09 -0700 (PDT), Karen
wrote:

oh, oh. Am getting golfball sized holes in the yard. Mostly the grass,
and some in the potted plants. It doesn't look like tunnels, as far as
I can tell. There are more and more everyday. What is it? Voles,
gophers, or something and what are they looking for and what should I
do?

eek!

Golfball size holes, in my lawn anyway, are usually work of crawdads.
If left unchecked the holes can get bigger, much bigger. I push pine
cones into the holes, stem side down.

You may need some detective work to identify the cause. Get better
clues asking your neighbors (not sure where you live).