Old 24-09-2009, 09:00 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default POTASSIUM NITRATE

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 05:23:19 -0700 (PDT), Eddie G
wrote:

Hi,

I'm a pharmacist and have some potassium nitrate in the pharmacy. Can
I use this next spring in my vegetable garden? If so, how much? Just
a small dusting and work it into the ground? Can or should I work it
in the ground now and let it sit all winter?

Thanks!!

Kind of a waste to use pharmacy-grade for fertilizer. Dissolve 1 T in
1 gallon of water for plants in the ground. You can use it to help
rot stumps, that's what I did. Better yet, have fun with
pyrotechnics. Lots of other uses.