Old 24-09-2009, 09:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Holes in the yard

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 13:14:03 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Karen" wrote in message
oh, oh. Am getting golfball sized holes in the yard. Mostly the grass,
and some in the potted plants. It doesn't look like tunnels, as far as
I can tell. There are more and more everyday. What is it? Voles,
gophers, or something and what are they looking for and what should I
do?

eek!

Define "hole". Is it just a small round depression, or is it a tunnel?

She says "It doesn't look like tunnels, as far as I can tell." If not
tunnels then they must be depressions... if the ground is soft/muddy
and there are rug rats playing they could be making depressions with
toys, or even sticks. Animals don't make depressions other than paw
prints and those would be easily recognizable as such. Only thing
else I can think of is that squirrels were busy digging... they
sometimes dig net little holes to retrieve food that was buried
previously.