Old 25-09-2009, 02:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Alistair MacDonald Alistair MacDonald is offline

Default Rose feed

Thanks to all for the very detailed advice. I feel I could now write a book
on the subject, but will resist the temptation.
Alistair
"Alistair Macdonald" wrote in message
From a bed of around 100 hybrid rose bushes, this year again I have lost
about ten plants, this after a rather poor flowering season. The bed is
well covered with forest bark but which I feel is not allowing any feed to
penetrate satisfactorily. I want first of all to provide a better feed
than Growmore, and also to plant new rose bushes to replace those lost.
What fertiliser(s) should I use for the existing bushes and what, if
different, for the new ones? I have been recommended bone meal and
sulphate of potash with a handful of Epsom salts to each, both old and new
bushes. I would also appreciate any advice on applications.