Old 25-09-2009, 12:42 AM posted to sci.bio.botany,sci.environment,sci.bio.technology
Sean Houtman[_2_] Sean Houtman[_2_] is offline

Default how many disease free Rock Elm are there? Perhaps zero

Archimedes Plutonium wrote in
:

But my guess is that there are only about 100,000 Rock Elm trees
remaining in the world. That is based
on my field trips to where Rock Elm exist. And of the
few I have actually seen and counted, most were dead.
And in one of the books I read, the author said words
to the effect "this species is rarely found"

So if you have visited all of the habitats for rock elm, you should say
so. How many locales have you been to? By the way, if a single seed is
discovered, then your claim that there are probably no seeds anywhere in
the world becomes debunked.

So, Sean, you are butting into a conversation with your
doubting scepticism where you should not butt in. I am
passionate about Rock Elm, and you have almost no feelings about Rock
Elm.

Actually, you and I are the only ones talking about rock elm. If you
don't want me to be involved, a solution would be for you to stop
posting about them.

Sean

--
Check out my flickr page, it changes often.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/groms