Old 17-04-2003, 05:32 AM
John Rutz

Default Active Carbon

~ jan wrote:
My thought here was to place it in a bag before the intake of my filter.
This way I can miracle grow the VF, and not worry too much about the MG
making it to the main pond where the fishes are.

BV.

Carbon matting would be better for flow, but it's not gonna catch all the
stuff MG has in it. Carbon does not take out nitrates or many other things.
If it did, my little steer manure situation a few years back wouldn't have
been a problem. That said, I really doubt your VF is gonna need MG. If your
plants look a little anemic and your pH is in the okay ranges, BUY MORE
FISH!!! ) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

Jan would you backup a bit on theat manure problem?? what happened ?

before another of my better ideas gets out of hand :-)

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com