Old 25-09-2009, 12:33 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default Overwintering water lettuce/hyacinth

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 21:56:04 EDT, Jim Hurley
wrote:

No-pest strip in a tent is brilliant!

Jim

I tried to find what this was in response to, but couldn't figure it
out, so if I'm off base here I'm sorry. A conventional no-pest strip
in a tent is not a good idea, and here's why. No-pest strips give off
a constant (albeit low dose) vapor of toxic fumes or "pesticides,"
which is how they work. It is not a good idea to use these strips in
any area occupied by humans or animals (and quite probably most
plants). My wife and I researched this when we were living in Maui
and thought a "no-pest" type strip would be just the thing for our
(door less) outhouse -- it wasn't.