Old 25-09-2009, 09:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Leveling ground under grass?

brooklyn1 wrote:

So would I just soak the ground to soften it up and then roll it? Or
is there anything special I need to do first?
Thanks,
Dave

There's much you can do, wetting to soften the ground will help a lot,
but you can also aerate and add a dressing of rich top soil. Much
depends on how flat you want your patch of lawn and how much effort
you're willing to expend. I wouldn't try to make it flat all in one
fell swoop... instead periodically roll your lawn, especially after a
rain... yiou don't wasnt to walk on your lawn right after a rain
either, let it dry a bit so you don't make muddy ruts.

How do you roll it without walking on it?