Old 25-09-2009, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
lloyd lloyd is offline

Default P'ing (urine) in the garden

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 06:58:24 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France
wrote:

On Sep 25, 2:09*pm, lloyd wrote:
Weird question I know but bear with me. I don't like wasting anything
or filling my septic tank up too quickly.

Would there be any advantage, or disadvantage to collecting our urine
and using it in the garden? Even if it keeps the cats away will be
good.

I think I draw the line at solids though lol

Doesn't your septic tank drain off liquid, ours did when we lived in
Norfolk, it went through 3 chambers and finally went into the earth.

I used to put pee on the compost but I had an accident one year coming
downstairs with it, so no more :-)

Judith

LOL that's a cracker ))))

Yes you are right of course, but I thought maybe a better use could be
found for it?

Dont have a composter as I dont actually do much be keep it all fairly
trimmed...grass cuttings just lay there, or sometimes I sweep them
under the hedge in order to build up the void there (was thinking of
lining the bottoms of the hedges with drilled logs for the creepy
crawlies, mason bees etc, what do you people think?

So the pee would be failry well distributed around the garden, under
hedges etc.