Old 25-09-2009, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Hedychiums

"Sacha" wrote ...
Taking a deep breath, we're going to try a Hedychium outside this year.
It's the one called Tara and it will be in a pot 'sort of' in the lee of
the house and Tea Room walls but not tucked right into them. It seems
worth a try to see how it gets on and at least we do have others if it
does keel over. Watch this space! Apart from David P who has to slash
his way through his personal jungle, has anyone else tried this outside
over-winter and if so, in which location?

There are a number of different sorts at the Saville Garden in the Great
Park, Windsor that seem to be OK planted out near the Glasshouse.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden