Old 25-09-2009, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Hedychiums

On 2009-09-25 17:53:21 +0100, "Bob Hobden" said:

"Sacha" wrote ...
Taking a deep breath, we're going to try a Hedychium outside this year.
It's the one called Tara and it will be in a pot 'sort of' in the lee of
the house and Tea Room walls but not tucked right into them. It seems
worth a try to see how it gets on and at least we do have others if it
does keel over. Watch this space! Apart from David P who has to slash
his way through his personal jungle, has anyone else tried this outside
over-winter and if so, in which location?

There are a number of different sorts at the Saville Garden in the Great
Park, Windsor that seem to be OK planted out near the Glasshouse.

That's heartening, Bob, thank you. What kind of winters do they
experience there? I'm assuming milder than ours was last year but
perhaps not?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com