Old 26-09-2009, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default P'ing (urine) in the garden

lloyd wrote:

Yes here in the UK we do seem to waste an inordinate amount of water.
I guess in Oz you appreciate it much more. This is a rented place so
I'm quite limited as to what I could do, but flushing a gallon of
water everytime I went to the loo was too painful to bear. OK so in
the past we knew no better, but it is high time new builds seperated
fresh water from grey water and then resused it within the house. The
ability to leave taps running constantly also scares me. I dread to
think how much water we used to waste brushing teeth and leaving the
tap running, or washing the dishes etc.

We have had the opportunity to live a way from home in our caravan for an
extended period this year and when one has to haul ones water, it gives a
whole new outlook on waste. I am much more aware and careful at home now.

I seem to remember in the old days as a kid we were given a glass of
water to brush our teeth and not from a running tap?

I was out in the locale on walkies and met a middle aged couple
raiding the blackberry bushes. They had bags full of them and seemed
very keen. We reflected on how much wild food goes to waste in this
country, and the pies, puddings, jams and drinks they were talking
about made my mouth water.

They call this progress!!!!!!!!

PS: what tickles me is to see all the guys coming out of the woodwork
and admitting they do P in the garden. Sort of look upon you all in a
different light now ))))))))))

Whereas I shall definitely look the *other* way