Old 26-09-2009, 04:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Willi Willi is offline

Default mystery fruit jam. Is it safe?

"TerryJ" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I wonder if anyone here could please help me to identify this fruit
before my friend, who has made jam out of it, poisens himself.
I think I have persuaded him to wait until we have some idea what it
is.

The bush is more than 15years old , possibly many decades old, in an
old garden near Nottingham.
Pictures are to be found he

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z...albumview=grid

TerryJ

They look like fruits of "Cornus Mas" to me. I have a bush that bore fruit
the first time this year. They were too few for making jam.
You might search in the internet for that, and please form your own opinion,
because I take no responsability on your friend's fate
Greets, Willi