Old 26-09-2009, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Alan is offline

Default dead cat update

In message , Sacha
wrote
On 2009-09-26 15:12:10 +0100, Alan said:

In message , Sacha
wrote

Your nom de net is well chosen. Poison is a filthy way to express
your 'exasperation' with an animal.

Judging by the antisocial attitude of some cat owners who post on
this group it doesn't come as any surprise to me that the only resort
left to those who are fed up with uncontrolled stray "pets" is poisoning.

I've never once seen an antisocial attitude by cat owners and I've been
here about 10 years.

I'm sure that you've read more the posts where cat owners believe they
don't need to stop _their pets_ s***ing in other people's gardens. Isn't
that antisocial attitude to the problem?

Too many people believe that if they own a cat they are not responsible
for the actions of their pet. Often they suggest that the 'victim' of
the problem spend money preventing their animals causing damage or a
nuisance.

Complaining about a dead cat when the owners cannot be bothered to stop
them roaming smacks very much double standards. It is the owner who is
responsible for keeping their pets out of harms way and not the
responsibility of everyone else to look after the safety of their
animals.

--
Alan