Old 26-09-2009, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
DaveP DaveP is offline

Default Winter cometh

Sacha wrote:

It all sounds luscious but I like the sound of that white Nerine, David.

It came from your nursery originally - Ray gave me a couple of bulbs a
few years ago. Come to think of it, so did the sarniense hybrid. Oh
and a surprise for me today was that I noticed Justicia (Jacobinia)
carnea (smooth leaved form with purplish leaf undersides) is about to
flower. That it came through last winter albeit with some damage is
surprising, but for it to recover enough to flower just a few weeks
later than normal is quite remarkable.