Old 17-04-2003, 06:44 AM
Empty

Default Prunning From the Bottom?

James Ervin wrote in
:

Can anyone comment on this and their experiences? Or, perhaps just
elaborate on this. I think this may be tied in with the absorbtion of
nutrients from the upper portion of the plant (through the water) vs
the root system........so perhaps it is intuitive after all.

My take on this was always:

A) It is easier grow roots than a crown
B) The cut part heals better enclosed in gravel than open to whatever
C) The plants look better

I do this when not propagating and just pruning... It is a pain in the butt
sometimes, but I chop them to 1/2 or so of the tank height so I don't have
to do the work or stress out the plant more than necessary.

~Empty
--
'You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love till it
kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other