Old 27-09-2009, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default to compost or not?

In message , Christina Websell
writes

"George.com" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Sheila" wrote in message
om...
I have found a few packets of sweets, e.g. Everton mints, werthers
originals, etc, all well out of date. I don't fancy or like them even, so
are they suitable for the heap?

Unlikely. Put them in the dustbin

Tina

why not?

What is in Everton Mints or Werthers lollies that make them unsuitable for
composting?

Surely if we eat them, there would not be anything dangerous.

There is nothing dangerous in them but compost heaps work better with
organic matter, like weeds, veggie peelings - not sweets.

Tina

There is something vaguely Pythonesque about this discussion...
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply