Old 28-09-2009, 02:55 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Jim[_19_] Jim[_19_] is offline

Default No cantaloupes or watermelons

SteveB wrote:

Jim wrote:
SteveB wrote:
Jim wrote:
SteveB wrote:
Jim wrote:
SteveB wrote:

[....]

Was out there today attacking the biomass until the weed whacker
died.
Got
the parts and got it fixed, and will be out there tomorrow. Will
definitely
till everything in now, and let it do its thing until spring.

Thanks.

Steve

what broke on the string trimmer?

carb problems.

the primer bubble dry rotted on mine. up until I took the time
to chase a part and then fix the trimmer, 31 pulls of the starting
cord and I could go to work... now with primer bubble replaced 2
pulls of the starting cord and we're working....

same thing. primer bubble. now nothing will start it. i've got spark
and
gas. i'm stumped.

Steve

mine is a Shindaiwa I bought back in 1992. never had a problem
until the primer bubble failed.

when you test for spark, are you finding spark at the end of the
spark plug wire where it connects to the spark plug, or at the
gap of the plug?

At the gap. Cleaned around the ceramic cone with a straight pin. Nothing
in there.

if I am reading this to mean you have spark at the gap with fuel
making its way into the cylinder then the next test is compression.