Old 28-09-2009, 04:14 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Joe[_12_] Joe[_12_] is offline

Default Advice needed for replacement pump

aovenhouse wrote:

On Sep 21, 8:59 pm, MorrisonAndBoyd
wrote:
My head is spinning after looking at a dozen or so web sites that sell
pond pumps. I'm finding TONS of pumps for big ponds and massive
waterfalls, but almost nothing for the small preformed one my mother has.

Its dimensions are approximately 5' long by 3' wide by 2' deep;
according to pond capacity calculators I used, this equals approximately
225 gallons. It has a waterfall that rises about 2' above the pond.

Can anyone recommend--and point me to--a dual-discharge pump for this
pond? Any recommendations for good online sources? I've never bough

pond supplies online so I'm not familiar with any of the companies, and
I'd like to buy from a company with a good reputation.

--

Linux users, be counted! Register with Linux counter:http://counter.li.or

Linux and geek gear:http://www.smartassproducts.com/sections_computing.sh

tml

Hi, i was wondering if having a pond in your yard will increase the
houses worth?

Only maybe. Here in So Cal, there are probably an even number of people who
want a pool (those with kids) as those who don't (those without kids)

Had one, now have a pond - much better!

So, if there is a buyer who says, "wow great pond!" then it will increase
the value, but if you get the guy who thinks, "Ack! Think of the
maintenance." not so much.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.