Old 28-09-2009, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Is a runner bean a runner bean

"lloyd" wrote in message
I had about a dozen plants I planted in May, came from two sources.
Around 90% of my harvest has been soft and juicy as a runner bean
should be.. The odd one seems to be fat and bulbous and after cooking
I get the odd mouthful of completely undigestible runner bean which I
have to spit out. It's so horrid it's almost putting me off the rest
of the beans, not the taste, the thought.

What's going on?

You simply left it too long to pick those.