Old 29-09-2009, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Caring for winter savory

In article ,
Janet Tweedy wrote:

We saw a really pretty blue flowered plant at Waterperry last week. The
'gardener' didn't know what it was, the office didn't know when she took
a photo and phoned it back to them and she suggested either thyme or
rosemary.
Eventually a lovely old lady walked past and said casually that it was a
blue savory. Very pretty and most of the group i was with have resolved
to try and buy a plant!
Needless to say, none in the garden centre attached to the gardens as
ever.

Try hyssop. I don't think that there IS a blue winter savory. I grow
both, and they look fairly similar, though the former is more upright.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.