Old 29-09-2009, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
moghouse moghouse is offline

Default Are these acorns?

On Sep 28, 8:13*pm, "Nick" wrote:
"moghouse" wrote in message

On Sep 28, 8:01 pm, "Nick" wrote:

They look like acorns to me, but with an alien growth.

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/o...g/IMG_9787.jpg

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/o...g/IMG_9788.jpg

I found these on a vehicle that visited our premises today.
Apologies for file sizes. New camera and I haven't a clue how to use it..
Yet.

I would advise you not to make jam out of them.

I would not intend to. Acorn jam I have never heard of.
Peanut butter I cannot abide.

These will be consigned to death by fire but I would be interested to know
what the alien growth might be.

Acorn jam is very popular with squirrels.

As regards the aliens, just wait a few weeks and the answer comes
bursting out of your chest. You should warn your friends a bit ahead
of time.