Old 30-09-2009, 08:39 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default garden shredders

"davej" wrote in message
. uk...

I have the screw type bosch and it's great. The feed inlet is conical so a
3/4" branch can have a lot of leaves at the other end which can jam. Just
break branches up so all the leaves don't go through at once.
They are available on ebay just over £100. I bought mine off ebay 6-7
years ago and it's been outside all the time. Shredded a 40ft cherry into
less than 1cube yd. this summer plus the logs -will shred as thick as a
thumb -not 38mm!

I have the bigger of the two screw feed bosch ones and it will do branches a
lot thicker than 3/4".

Sounds like a washing machine!

Mine can be made quieter by putting a wedge in the plastic motor cover to
stop it vibrating.

Plus self feeding once the branch is put in.