Old 30-09-2009, 09:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
lloyd lloyd is offline

Default Honeysuckle?

On 2009-09-30 16:12:06 +0100, lloyd said:

Hello all. Looking to pick your brains if I may.

I have a 6ftx12ft trellis which I want to cover with a nice simple
limited maintenance honeysuckle. I see there are many varieties and
thought maybe I could go for one of each type of thing?

I also considered clematis but it seems a lot of effort for a very
short flowering, think my little one only last a week but it is
crammed in a corner next to the toms.

Where would the cheapest option be to buy them online for planting
now?

thanks.

Do you want something evergreen and where do you live? One honeysuckle
(Lonicera) should be more than enough to do that job and Lonicera
similis delavayi is evergreen in warmer parts of UK. As to cheapest,
you need to shop around on Google or locally.

Yes something there all the time would be nice. We live south lincs.

thanks