Old 01-10-2009, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Honeysuckle?

In message , lloyd
writes

Think I'll stick the honeysuckle and jasmine on the trellis, what do
you think?

I have had honeysuckle growing up trellis against my garage for some
years, I can't remember the variety, but it was chosen in memory of my
FIL, who was named Hector Arnold. :-)

I hacked it down to a 4" stump last year, because the garage was being
re-roofed, and later planted two more of a different variety.

Then the stumps sprouted, and I have a double growth, with different
coloured berries.

I have a bird box on the side of the garage, and blue tits nested there
when the honeysuckle foliage partly hid the box.
They were absent this year, before the foliage grew up again...
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply