Old 02-10-2009, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Bonfire ash

Would bonfire ash be an accelerator on a compost heap?

For the last two weeks I have been clearing and burning Bulrushes and
consequently have a goodly pile of ash. The compost heap has also been
growing and will grow even more when I get in and clear the stream.

I propose to mix ash with greenstuffs and build the compost heap even
bigger.

Right or wrong?

--
Mike