Old 02-10-2009, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Tomato Problems

On 2009-10-01 13:56:06 +0100, Edward said:

http://www.dadooda.com/index.cfm/fa/...ibrary_ID/6046

See photo of problem above.

90% of my plum tomatoes have an internal problem - blackening - appear
to be going rotten. There is nothing wrong with the taste away from
the blackened area - other than there isn't much!!

There is no indication of any problem from the outside whatsoever -
they appear to be in perfect condition.

Ideas please.

This is another question I asked Ray - he hasn't seen the photo yet -
and he said that sometimes dirty water splashing up onto the flower can
cause this. So if it's got muddy that might be the problem.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com