Old 03-10-2009, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Its wild

In message , John T
writes

On 2009-10-03 11:39:15 +0100, "Muddymike"
said:

Anyone else have the wild windy weather this morning? I have just
finished clearing up the branches from the garden, but I think I
will have more to clear later as it's still gusting. As usual the
Tulip tree has fared worse, its branches seem quite brittle. A
long dead holly has fallen at last, so the chainsaw will have to
come out later.
To stop them being trodden into the house I have also swept up a
2 gallon bucket full of yew berries, does anyone know of a use
for them?

Mike

More yews?
It's pretty windy here but not as you describe, though I won't be
surprised if it gets a lot worse, somehow.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Its vicious up here (top end of the Wirral), looks horrible across Liverpool
Bay, the shipping forecast last night was giving us Beaufort 10

John

And Manchisstoh. My garden covered in debris from nearby 50ft
Lombardy poplars. :-(

Here's the pressure situation:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/..._pressure.html

Should ease by late Sunday...