Old 03-10-2009, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Its wild

On 2009-10-03 18:20:13 +0100, "Christina Websell"
said:

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
Anyone else have the wild windy weather this morning? I have just finished
clearing up the branches from the garden, but I think I will have more to
clear later as it's still gusting. As usual the Tulip tree has fared
worse, its branches seem quite brittle. A long dead holly has fallen at
last, so the chainsaw will have to come out later.
To stop them being trodden into the house I have also swept up a 2 gallon
bucket full of yew berries, does anyone know of a use for them?

Very very windy here in Leics too. My cat & I are holed up until tomorrow -
we ain't stupid!

Tina

We have a lull here - almost no wind. Perhaps it's the eye of the
storm, though we've had nothing but fairly strong winds today? The
sky from my study window boils up from Dartmoor tonight and has been
operatic in the last 20 minutes. It became charcoal grey and moved
swiftly towards us and I thought we were in for a deluge - it was
terribly threatening. Then a streak of pink appeared, then another of
blue and it all moved to the south for a bit. Now we have more
charcoal grey coming over, edged with pale pink and a lot of aqua-blue
above. It's like a Caravaggio.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com