Old 03-10-2009, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Its wild

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Gordon H" wrote ...
John T writes
"Sacha" wrote ...

"Muddymike" said:

Anyone else have the wild windy weather this morning? I have just
finished clearing up the branches from the garden, but I think I
will have more to clear later as it's still gusting. As usual the
Tulip tree has fared worse, its branches seem quite brittle. A
long dead holly has fallen at last, so the chainsaw will have to
come out later.

Snip

Some gusty winds here in W. Dorset, but not too bad. Spent a couple of
hours picking brambles and sloes this afternoon. A couple of pounds of
each. As there had been a short burst of rain earlier it meant I
couldn't cut the grass properly .... I had been reminded that we have
visitors coming early next week!! But I digress. Loads of lovely sloes -
beautifully plump and ripe. Any suggestions as to the absolutely best
way to make sloe gin? I have tried a couple of methods in the past but
somehow the product has missed the mark. I realise this requires a
subjective opinion and know it's a bit OT but any improvement on
previous efforts will, I know, be welcomed by the family at Xmas.
--
Gopher .... I know my place!