Old 04-10-2009, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Swamp cypress

Sacha writes
Has anyone grown Taxodium distichum from a small tree? I'm interested
to know how quickly they grow.

Not from a small tree, but from seed.

I would guess I planted the seed about 10 years ago, certainly not more
than 15. Tree is now about 7ft tall and about 3 ft across at widest.
It's reached that stage where I feel confident about its future and am
no longer waiting with trepidation each spring to see if it bursts into
leaf again.

I suspect it is one of these things which starts slow and then
accelerates.
--
Kay