Old 04-10-2009, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Swamp cypress

Sacha writes
On 2009-10-03 20:35:35 +0100, Donwill said:

Sacha wrote:
Has anyone grown Taxodium distichum from a small tree? I'm
interested to know how quickly they grow.

You've just reminded me, I planted a seedling on the banks of the
river Rheidol in Cwm Rheidol (Nr Aberystwyth) about 20 yrs ago.
I lived near by, but moved , I must go back to see if it's still
there.
Don

Well after this, I really do hope so. I gather they're not that common
over here!

Moving towards borderline of hardiness over here I'd have thought - ie
quite capable of tolerating our winters but happier somewhere a bit
warmer. Nice specimens IIRC in the botanical gardens in Lisbon, complete
with 'knees' - I don't expect mine to get that far.
--
Kay