Old 04-10-2009, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Its wild

On 2009-10-04 13:00:06 +0100, Martin said:

On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 12:24:00 +0100, K wrote:

Chris S writes

Very windy all day up ere in Aberdeen. Soil blown off fields, branches down
etc. Ruined me sweet peas :-(

Windy in Leeds. Large branch off a horse chestnut in the park opposite.
Reports of other trees down here and there, but nothing major (I speak
as one who slept through the storm of 1987 and woke to find our car
penned in by two poplar trees, and at least another 20 trees down along
the short road we lived in).

Brugmansias look unhappy - don't know whether it is pure mechanical
damage or the drying effect of a day of wind.

I'm just about to go out and collect the windfall mulberries and apples
... I expect to be some time ...

It is just normal windy in Sheffield. Yesterday afternoon was really wild.
At one point the sky was full of black plastic bin liners.

Totally calm here but overcast - still no rain, though. It's been weeks.....
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com