Old 04-10-2009, 01:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹ ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹°-°¹ is offline

Default Marshalls

On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 12:19:14 +0100, K wrote:

I haven't read this year's Which survey but I've read previous ones, and
what they seem to do is take an indicator selection of about 10 seed
varieties which are available from all the firms tested. So there
shouldn't be the bias you suggest, because it'll be exactly the same
number of packets of seed from 'problem plants' from each supplier
tested, irrespective of how many different varieties that supplier
sells.

Does it matter what the germination rat0e of something like onion seed
is? Don't you get hundreds of them in a pinch??

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹