Old 04-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Natasha1986 Natasha1986 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Hi

In my garden I have a conker tree, which was set by my son from a conker about 12 years ago, it has travelled with us from property to property. As we don't have a large enough garden it is in a pot. I exchanged the pot this year for a much larger one, a half barrel, and the resulting increase in growth has been phenomenal, it has exceeded last years growth by about 5 times already. The thing is I'm not sure how to care for it correctly in its new envigorated state. The tree itself is very robust, its now about 8 feet tall, however the leaves are drooping quite badly, I'm wondering if I've over watered it. I've given it no water for about 3 days now but it doesn't seem to be improving, I suppose what I'm asking, in a very long winded way is how much water do I give this tree. Its very precious to us by the way, even more so now as my son who planted it has been critically ill recently with a brain tumour, although he is now doing magnificently well after surgery. Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

Simon Ward
hi there, i was just finding out about conker trees myself, if you read this page, i think you'll find your answer!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...species.uknews
hope this helps sorry to hear about your son