Old 04-10-2009, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
aquachimp aquachimp is offline

Default Rats and Hedgehogs

On Oct 2, 10:22*pm, lloyd wrote:
Anything we can do to encourage the hedgehogs, but not the rats from
visiting the garden? I have both

We have cats; they don't seem to mind the hedgehogs. In fact, one
evening one of the hedgehogs came in 'for tea' and we ended up with
one big cat and one little hedgehog eating from the same tray.
Shortly thereafter, whilst the bigger cat was sitting to my right
looking for scraps as I ate, the hedgehog was to the left . It was the
strangest thing. Not seen him since though. We don't have rats. But,
if we did and the cats were doing nowt about it, then I guess i would
be tempted to try to see if the rats are partial to a bit of hot
stuff;
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle6860067.ece