Old 04-10-2009, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan.holmes alan.holmes is offline

Default Rats and Hedgehogs

"lloyd" wrote in message
On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 09:43:29 -0700 (PDT), aquachimp
wrote:

On Oct 4, 5:55 pm, lloyd wrote:
On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 08:43:46 -0700 (PDT), aquachimp

wrote:
On Oct 2, 10:22 pm, lloyd wrote:
Anything we can do to encourage the hedgehogs, but not the rats from
visiting the garden? I have both

We have cats; they don't seem to mind the hedgehogs. In fact, one
evening one of the hedgehogs came in 'for tea' and we ended up with
one big cat and one little hedgehog eating from the same tray.
Shortly thereafter, whilst the bigger cat was sitting to my right
looking for scraps as I ate, the hedgehog was to the left . It was the
strangest thing. Not seen him since though.

I only realised I had hedgehogs when what I thought was a rat did not
scarper when the security light came on. On closer inspection it was a
hog

Now im on the subject for quite some time i have noticed what looked
like long streaks of slimy black poo that had gone hard. Could this be
a hedgehog I wonder?

Amost certainly.

Baffled me for some time that one.

We don't have rats. But,
if we did and the cats were doing nowt about it, then I guess i would
be tempted to try to see if the rats are partial to a bit of hot
stuff;

That did not work, what was it?

"Help, quick - I've unscrewed the top on a ticking bomb" by
Jeremy Clarkson in today's Times newspaper (e-edition)

The item he mentions is called "limited-edition Insanity private
reserve"

LOL great article. I have heard that before about chilli not affecting
birds, but what about hogs I wonder?

So, what do you do with it to stop the rats?

Alan