Old 04-10-2009, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim[_22_] Jim[_22_] is offline

Default Solar pump for water feature

Hi all

I'm putting a 'water feature' in our garden but have no idea on how powerful
a pump I'm going to need. The feature is a replica mill stone, 56cm diameter
with a central hole of 2cm, and all I want is a nice steady flow of water
over it ie no great jets of water, fancy fountains etc

Liking the idea of a solar pump due to the no wiring and presumably no need
to remember to switch on/off etc A trawl on Ebay has thron up a couple of
cheapies from HK and which claim to put out 150 lph but don't know what this
means in real terms,so

1. Do solar pumps actually work, does it have to be a brilliant summers day
or will they still work in the dead of winter

2. Any idea on how much output I'll actually need

Many Thanks

Jim