Old 05-10-2009, 02:21 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_20_] Jonno[_20_] is offline

Default Sydney dust

Jonno wrote:

"atec 7 7" "atec wrote in message
joebee wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
I have watched/listened to the last 2 night news reports of the
dust
storm in Sydney with some amazement.

What a waste of time and effort about very little. Last night I
kept
thinking the people being interviewed who weren't in hospital
should
get a life.

Any new and powerful thing is entertainment, a hint of real life
for those who generally live in an electronic imitation landscape.
:-)) I didn't hear one reference to the loss of topsoil and what
that might mean to those on the land. Perhaps I wasn't paying
enough attention, but to me, that should have been the story, not
how city cars and windows and footpaths needed washing.

And tonight all that water being wasted washing cars, streets and
windows!!!!! Bloody wastrels.
Uh huh.

And by the way the dust was back again this morning, not as bad as
before but pretty thick.
We got the winds and some scudding rain but no dust.

The media reckon that there was about 75,000 tons of dirt getting
blown offshore every hour that the dust and wind was blowing, should
charge the Sheep Shaggers for the extra topsoil we are sending them.
That's kinda silly
most of them are here
Got blown in too?

There's one hiding in every corner. Be very afwaid....

nothing a good whack with a big wooden lump wont fix

I'm guessing it's the wooden lump that needs to be removed...
Were not all whackers.