Old 05-10-2009, 11:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Cantaloupes on the ground

Daniel Prince wrote:
I have some volunteer cantaloupes growing in my garden. They are
from seeds from my cold compost pile. (I am not well enough to turn
it and keep it hot.)

The cantaloupes are laying on the ground. Should I try to get them
up off the ground? If so, how? Should I try to hang them in net
bags? Should I put newspapers under them? Thank you in advance for