Old 05-10-2009, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek Turner Derek Turner is offline

Default Its wild

On Mon, 05 Oct 2009 15:17:37 +0100, Gopher wrote:

Your process is almost exactly what I do and we
will be trying last year's this coming Xmas. Don't normally turn for as
long as 6 months however. Last couple of lots just seem to have been a
but "thin" - not as good as previous years. Maybe due to early cessation
of turning. Many thanks.

Most cheap gin is 37% or less these days: I only ever drink 47% 'cos
that's what they sell duty-free and between me and SWMBO we fly back and
forth to the UK often enough never to have to buy in ordinary shops. But
it's a big difference in alcohol content, I wonder if the duty-free stuff
would produce less 'thin' sloe gin? I haven't found any sloes in the
island, yet, though. Sacha?