Old 06-10-2009, 12:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Its wild

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
Anyone else have the wild windy weather this morning? I have just finished
clearing up the branches from the garden, but I think I will have more to
clear later as it's still gusting. As usual the Tulip tree has fared
worse, its branches seem quite brittle. A long dead holly has fallen at
last, so the chainsaw will have to come out later.
To stop them being trodden into the house I have also swept up a 2 gallon
bucket full of yew berries, does anyone know of a use for them?

To answer your question about yew berries (which got lost in the thread)
No, they are horribly poisonous to humans, some birds can eat them safely
but if I have a 2 gallon bucket full of yew berries I wouldn't be wanting to
make wine out of them, unless I was suicidal.