Old 06-10-2009, 10:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default What to feed citrus trees.

Martin Brown writes
keith kent wrote:
Hello ,i have a Calamondin and a Lemon tree.
I continue to struggle to get nice green leafs , i have been feeding
with a winter and summer citrus feed in rain water.
I have tested with a TDS meter the strength of the summer feed 150
ppm and it seems very weak to me as i would think they are heavy
feeders.Standard plant feed are approx 1000 ppm or more .
What is the best feed to use ?

Dunno what the best feed to use is, but mine get whichever of orchid
feed or their proper citrus feed is going at the time they need it in
rainwater. I only water them again when the compost looks dry.

Orchid feed is less strength than standard feed isn't it? Dos that mean
that citrus aren't in fact heavy feeders?
--
Kay