Old 06-10-2009, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
aquachimp aquachimp is offline

Default Are you 'old'? (Sod all to do with gardening, so if you don'tlike it ......don't open it)

On Oct 5, 10:33*pm, K wrote:
aquachimp writes

Nick, that's a great pity; these things ended up costing me less than
£28, all in. It wont break the bank. At first I just shrugged my
shoulders at the vague expectation that my being in Belgium
disqualifies me from a refund, albeit that I was irked by the scent of
false advertising. My real concern is that IMO, these things
(Silverline ear defenders) are actually dangerous.

If you think they are dangerous, then Trading Standards Office is a
better place to start.
--
Kay

So my memory was sort of on the right track after all.
Amazon have now agreed to refund. i had to phone them; I also had to
phone the bank to make sure all is as it should be, because this
business of multiple address got me wondering if my account was safe;
So 2 international calls plus the cost of P&P but I get the price paid
for the item back. They want confirmation when I get it so they can
close the account.

But more importantly, they promise to adjust the advert to avoid
future confusion.

Neverthe less, I think i'll still send a note to the trading standards
office, but not over amazon, but because if these things allow a
higher level of noise according as one has used them for longer, then
that's doesn't sound good.
And out of 3 times that I really needed to know what was being said to
me on that first day, they failed twice; In my job that can be very
dangerous.