Old 07-10-2009, 12:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rats and Hedgehogs

"Derek Turner" wrote in message
On Sat, 03 Oct 2009 19:25:40 +0100, mark wrote:

That sounds completely horrid. Why should anyone want to kill a rat
just because it's a rat, is that a crime for the poor beast to be a
rat? And if you feel you really must kill them why do it in such a
nasty way! I dread to think what you feel we should do with our feral
children.

They are not just rats though. They are a danger to health and that is
why local authority pest control officers will come and get rid of them
for free.

Yes, but where's the fun in that? much more entertaining to watch a good
terrier doing what it was bred for. Next you'll be telling me that hounds
shouldn't kill foxes. Tchh!

Derek, the choice is poison when they lie around dying for days, or terriers
when they are gone in a second.
I resent the fact that you think I find it "fun" I don't. I have poultry -
and therefore rats. I will be in trouble with my local council if I do not
control them. Perhaps you can suggest a better method? I'm all ears for
your suggestions.

Tina