Old 07-10-2009, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Training Hedgehog to graze raised garens

On 2009-10-07 09:39:58 +0100, "George.com" said:

My mate hedgehog was out last night patroling the garden for slugs and
snails. We have had a hell of a load of rain the past 2 weeks so the
S&S have been
out in force.

Anyway, I lifted hedgehog in to one of my raised garden (bout a foot
off gound level) tonight to see if he'd east the slugs there. HH
happily seem to scoff his way through the slugs. I went out later in
the evenign to check on him and he had climbed down one of the ramps I
had set up. He is outside again tonight so I poped him back on the
garden and showed him a few tasty slugs which he wolfed down. I wonder
whether I might be able to train him to climb up a ramp onto the
gardens and graze at his own leisure?

Anyone else had a similar experience?

rob

I haven't but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he's caught onto the
idea! They know a good thing when they see one and you're very lucky
he's there. Apart from that, they're enchanting little creatures, IMO.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com