Old 07-10-2009, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
aquachimp aquachimp is offline

Default Training Hedgehog to graze raised garens

On Oct 7, 10:39*am, "George.com" wrote:
My mate hedgehog was out last night patroling the garden for slugs and
snails. We have had a hell of a load of rain the past 2 weeks so the S&S
have been
out in force.

Anyway, I lifted hedgehog in to one of my raised garden (bout a foot off
gound level) tonight to see if he'd east the slugs there. HH happily seem to
scoff his way through the slugs. I went out later in the evenign to check on
him and he had climbed down one of the ramps I had set up. He is outside
again tonight so I poped him back on the garden and showed him a few tasty
slugs which he wolfed down. I wonder whether I might be able to train him to
climb up a ramp onto the gardens and graze at his own leisure?

Anyone else had a similar experience?

rob

One seems to be managing to use the cat-flap here, and with no ramp up
to it.

However, I thought from one a couple of sites I've read on HHs, S&S
only account for around 5% of their preferred diet.