Old 08-10-2009, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Advice needed on garden waste please

Jennifer Sparkes writes
Alas I do pay council tax and get provided with a black wheelie bin for
non recyclable stuff, black box for recyclable, and a smallish brown
bin for recyclable food waste.

I pay Council tax and get provided with black bags for non recyclables,
which are collected from my back door (there being no suitable place for
a wheelie bin out the front). I get green bags for recyclables which are
supposed to be collected from my back door, but this has never yet
happened and I've given up the struggle. Garden waste would be collected
from 100yds down the road, but it's easier to take them 400yds to the
'recycling centre' 400 yds away at my own convenience. We had a 2 month
hiatus in collections in the summer due to differences of opinion
between the Council and the dustbin men as to whether we should be on a
wheelie bin route. And now the dustbin men are on strike, so we have had
no collections whatever since the end of August.

--
Kay